Friday, May 2, 2014

A mini reunion at Mama Lou's

Me and my best friend, Dannelle, haven't seen each other since December 2013. So we made this mini reunion extra special. Since she got a job already, she treat me lunch at Mama Lou's Italian Kitchen. Mama Lou's is located at Solenad 2, Sta. Rosa, Laguna. And I believe that there's one also at the Las Pinas. It's our first to dine here and I could say that it was a wonderful experience. 



I don't have an idea on what Mama Lou's specialties are; except that it serves Italian cuisine. So we've decided to order one type of Pizza, Pasta, and Main Dish.

We chose Pizza Bianca because it's my favorite (haha). The small size is about 12 inches and costs Php 275. It was topped with generous amount of Cream, Mozzarella, Mushroom and Bacon. For some thin crust lovers, this is the pizza for you.

One thing that made Pizza Bianca more exciting is that it came with side of alfalfa sprouts.


I'm neither a fan nor a hater of Italian cuisine. I don't have any idea of what's best pasta should order; so, I decided to order Lasagna because it's the safest dish I know from the menu (pathetic. haha). Anyways, the Lasagna (Php 295) has meat sauce and topped and drizzled with Parmesan and Mazarella (lots and lots of cheese!). Plus they told us that it was baked in a brick oven.


Dannelle ordered Braised Short Ribs (Php 295) for the main dish. A fork tender beef short ribs braised in red wine, tomato with carrots, olives and zucchini. We are asked if we want to side it with rice or mashed potato. Obviously, we chose mashed potato. If would compared it with a Filipino dish, it has the Kaldereta taste. But the most exciting part of this dish is the zucchini. Very very very crispy! 

  
They also told us to order the Mama Lou's Iced Tea (Php 75). At first glanced, it was quite pricey! But when you taste it, it has a zest of herb or tea something. Whatever in that Iced Tea, it is really really good! 

It was a nice experience. I'm sure I will dine here someday in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment