Tuesday, May 13, 2014

DIY Ombre shirt


My friends are going crazy over ombre this summer. So, I thought of making my own Ombre shirt and dress. I saw this tutorial over Pinterest and make my own version of Ombre dress. 

You'll be needing:

step 1: prepare all the materials needed


step 2: turn the shirt on its wrong side. Start marking from the bottom up to the desired height of your ombre. I used 2cm as my distance for each mark.


step 3: Boil at least 2 liters of water. Mix dye and 3tblspn of boiling water. I used 2 sachets or dye or approximately 3tspn of dye.


step 4: Put 1tspn of the dye mixture to the rest of your boiling water. Soak the shirt up to the highest mark you make earlier. Soak for 20 seconds.


step 5: Lift the shirt up to the next mark. As you lift the shirt, add more dye mixture(1 tspn or more) and soak the shirt longer. Add 1-3 minutes longer to your waiting time. After soaking, rinse the shirt in a running water or from faucet. 

enjoy! kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment